Kazakhstan Adoption

Monday, September 27, 2004

Monday

Monday in Uralsk...
We took Krysta outside again this afternoon. We stayed out about 15 minutes. It was hot- about 75 degrees +. She had so many layers on. Hubby disagrees that it was too hot for her - oh well- can’t agree on everything!
Tonite we are going shopping with the Sarvers. In a week or 2, the kids will need winter coats. Also we are going to eat dinner at the restaurant in the mall. I have a cheat sheet in case there is no English menu. We’ll let you know how it goes.
Mike here.....It is beautiful outside. They are having an Indian Summer and the temp is about 75 and a light breeze. It feels like Buffalo in the fall. We found a little park nearby with a big fountain and a small cafe with outside tables. The people around here do stare at us when we walk around. I just stare back and they continue on their way. I found out not to smile at strangers- they don’t do that here. Krysta is doing so much better with each day. We got a lot of smiles today, and she is curious. She likes to touch things and examine them. We are now able to put new photos up and will add more each day
**LOGAN- I miss you little man. Hope you made it through another hurricane OK. Did you keep Ms Sandy safe?


We’re back from our meal at Dixie Pub. They have an English menu & a waitress that spoke s0me English. However she got a little confused and it cost us big. Somehow she said we ordered extra salads- 1 was a main dish salad w/meat (pricey) - along with our meal. My steak already came with a salad!! So we ended up paying for them. Dinner for 4 was $48 (you pay for soda refills). Aside from that, it was a good meal. Mike & Crystal had some BBQ pork w/fries. Darren had salmon steak and I had T-Bone with fries. Everyone enjoyed their food and watched MTV. Crystal & I ordered desert. She ordered apple strudel w/ice cream and I ordered sticky toffee pudding w/caramel & Baileys cream. Crystal’s strudel came in a beautifully decorated pool of melted ice cream. My pudding was not pudding, but a dense cake w/caramel topping & whipped cream (not Baileys)- never the less we ate it all.
Have I told you about the spit? Well, there’s spit on the sidewalk about every 3 ft. Of course, you’re saying “Eileen, don’t look down if it bothers you so much” Well guys, the pavement, ground, walkways are NOT even, level or in good repair. Therefore, I must look down - lest I fall face first into the aforementioned oral secretions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home