Kazakhstan Adoption

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

oct 11

Monday-
Today during the morning visit, Krysta spit up so we had to change her outfit. As I’ve mentioned before, she doesn’t like this very much. Well, she started to cry and put her arms out and said “Mama, mama!” I picked her up and comforted her but I was pretty skeptical about the mama part. But guess what? When she quieted down and I went to put her down, she clung to my shirt and said it again, “mama mama” Even Mike had to agree when she said it a second time. Wow!
Second visit was uneventful. She is very relaxed in the afternoon and likes to stare at us making fools out of ourselves for her.
-Tomorrow is court so we met with Assia and Olga to prepare. After that, Mike wanted to go back to the Golden Cat for chicken soy sauce and Daaren and Crystal came with us. Mike and I ordered the chicken soy sauce but they told me they only had enough for 1 order. So I ordered chicken cutlet, thai style. It turned out to be a fried boneless breast - no breading or obvious spices. OK- just plain. Daaren asked the waitress what her favorite entree was and he ordered that (beef something) and he ordered asparagus for his side dish(garnish). When it came, there was no asparagus, but instead some meaty, noodly thing. He ate a little bit and passed us each a bit. We can’t be positive but I would venture a guess that it was intestine or stomach. It certainly wasn’t veggie. He did try to find out what it was but the waitress got defensive and we never did figure it out. My guess, for the record, is intestine - having autopsied a few animals in my short career as a vet tech, that would be my best guess.
No Uno tournament tonight. The men have speeches to write for court. I’m starting to get a sore throat so I’, turning in early - Oh no, tetanus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home