Kazakhstan Adoption

Saturday, October 16, 2004

October 16

Saturday-
Krysta woke up around 9:00 and in a much better mood. One of her top teeth broke through and I think that helped a lot.
Andrei picked us up at 11:30 to go the Tsum store. We met the Sarvers and had lunch at the City cafe there. They had high chairs! Krysta ate a huge lunch of rice cereal, juice, apricots and about a zillion fruit puffs (they are like cereal but “melt” in baby’s mouth). She enjoyed pushing them around and picking them up. You should see her chew! She was given ground meat at the orphanage, so she’s a pro. After lunch, we went to the 3rd floor of the Tsum to buy souvenirs. I just wanted a few things for her to have later - post cards, a children’s book about Kaz written in Kazak, Russian and thankfully English, a flag and a few Christmas ornaments. I found a yurt (traditional Kazak house) with 4 dolls inside. I really wanted it but it was too big to fit into our already full suitcases. I’m still trying to figure out how I can get it.
After our afternoon nap (2 hours for Krysta), we walked to the supermarket and bought some prepared chicken wings and peroshkies. I really liked the wings - lots of spices but nothing hot or overwhelming.
Krysta had her 1st bath tonight. I am happy to tell you that yet another Harrison loves the water. She didn’t mind it in her face or when Mike rinsed her hair. We’ll try to post a picture.
-Miss you all - we’re counting down the days!
Mike here....I am currently unable to post any new photos. The computer will not recognize my camera, so I cannot get the photos onto the computer. I was using the Sarvers help in the past, but now they are too far away to walk to. But our apartment is very well located near 2 supermarkets and 2 restaurants and a park. The weather is nice again, so we will be out some more. It was around 55 and sunny today. Anybody that plans on coming to Kaz should look into a pocket translator. I have a small one that can translate words and give me the exchange rate for dollars to Tenge. It has come in very handy to make sure we bought the right thing and to make sure they are giving me the correct money when I exchange dollars into tenge. The translators are very cheap - mine was $8 on Ebay. It also has a calculator and clock - and fits into my pocket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home